The SMC Conference (http://www.smc-conference.org) is the forum for international exchanges around the core interdisciplinary topics of Sound and Music Computing.
SMC 2013 will take place in Stockholm, Sweden, from July 30th to August 2nd, 2013, and will be organized by the Sound and Music Computing Research Group of the KTH Royal Institute of Technology.
The Sound and Music Computing Conferences are jointly supervised by
- AFIM (Association Française d'Informatique Musicale)
- AIMI (Associazione Italiana di Informatica Musicale)
- DEGEM (Deutsche Gesellschaft für Elektroakustische Musik)
- HACI (Hellenic Association of Music Informatics)
- SITEMU (Sociedad(e) Ibérica de TEcnología MUsical)
The Sound & Music Computing mailing list is intended to discuss issues related to the Sound & Music Computing Conference. The SMC Discuss mailing list operates in parallel of the SMC Steering Committee as a proposal group. To subscribe, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with "subscribe" as subject.
Past SMC Conferences
- SMC 2013: organized by the Sound and Music Computing Research Group of the KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden.
- SMC 2012: organized by the Medialogy section of the Aalborg University Copenhangen, Denmark.
- SMC 2011: organized by Department of Information Engineering (DEI) of the University of Padova and the Conservatory "Cesare Pollini" of Padova, Italy.
- SMC 2010: organized by the Music Technology Group of UPF, the Sonology Dept. of ESMUC and Phonos Foundation in Barcelona, Spain.
- SMC 2009: organized by INESC Porto, the Research Center for Science and Technology in Art of the Universidade Católica Portuguesa in Porto, ESMAE and Casa da Música, Portugal.
- SMC 2008: organized by DEGEM & Audio Communication Group, Technische Universität Berlin - Berlin, Germany.
- SMC 2007: organized by University of Athens & Ionian University in Lefkada, Greece.
- SMC 2006: organized by GMEM in Marseille, France.
- SMC 2005: organized by UniSa in Salerno, Italy.
- SMC 2004: organized by IRCAM in Paris, France.